CENP Eligible Activity for Recertification
The AONL Credentialing Center does not review, preapprove or endorse CPD programs as being eligible toward CENP recertification requirements. Reported activities are reviewed only when the completed Recertification Application is submitted in fulfillment of the CENP recertification requirements.
Activities eligible for recertification requirements must meet the following criteria:
- Relate to one or more of the CENP Examination Content Categories below. Specific tasks related to each category are listed in the CENP Candidate Handbook. For an activity that covers multiple Content Codes, enter the activity once and list all applicable Content Codes. It is not necessary to list sessions of a single development program separately.
Content Code CENP Examination Content Category 1 Communication and Relationship Building 2 Knowledge of the Health Care Environment 3 Leadership 4 Professionalism 5 Business Skills
- Be categorized as one of the eligible CPD activity types.
- Be at least 30 minutes in duration and be reported in a minimum of 0.25 hour increments.
- Not exceed the maximum number of hours allowed for an activity type . Hours reported in excess of the maximum allowed for a given CPD development type will not be eligible toward the certification recertification requirements.
- Be completed during the current recertification period.
Required CPD Information
A minimum of 45 hours of eligible CPD activities must be fully reported on the Recertification Application available in the Online Certification Management portal. Certificants can submit and save their eligible activities throughout the course of the three-year certification period.
CPD Program Title
List the name of the event, e.g., conference, workshop, webinar, etc. Individual sessions/presentations at an event/conference do not need to be listed. List the full title of the development event only.
Select one of the allowable activity types.
List who sponsored the event. Do not use acronyms.
List the end date of the program, including month, date and year.
Report in a minimum of 0.25-hour increments. Round up/down as appropriate. One hour is one clock hour (60 minutes) of structured development less meals, networking activities, etc.
Use the code in the table above to identify how the content covered in the activity links to the content domains covered on the exam, i.e., the CENP Examination Content Category. If a session/event covered multiple content areas, list all that were covered.