Workplace violence is an increasingly recognized safety issue in the health care community. The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health defines workplace violence as any physical assault, threatening behavior or verbal abuse occurring in the workplace.
AONL is committed to providing nurse leaders with tools to prevent workplace violence and ensure the safety of health care workers and patients.
Articles about AONL’s work
- KHA White Paper - Assessing the Challenges and Creating Safety-Focused Solutions
- Nurses Make a Difference in Combating Human Trafficking
- Violence in the Hospital: Preventing Assaults Using a Clinical Approach: A Clinical Mindset Can Reduce Assaults in the Health Care Workplace
- Confronting Nurse Burnout, Workplace Violence and the Nursing Shortage
- Addressing Violence in the Health Care Workplace
- Cal. Moves Ahead with a Violence Standard for Healthcare Industry