The AONL Credentialing Center (AONL-CC) is responsible to its candidates, certificants, employers, the profession and the public for ensuring the integrity of all processes and products of its certification programs. As such, the AONL-CC requires adherence to these Professional Standards of Conduct by all who have achieved certification through successful completion of its programs. Certificants are required to agree to and abide by the following Professional Standards of Conduct.
A certificant who is awarded certification by the AONL-CC agrees to conduct themselves in an ethical and professional manner. This includes demonstrating practice-related behavior that is indicative of professional integrity. By accepting certification, the certificant agrees to:
- Maintain professional competence.
- Demonstrate work behavior that exemplifies ability to perform safely, competently and with good judgment.
- Conduct professional activities with honesty and integrity.
- Avoid discriminating against any individual based on age, gender, race, color, religion, national origin, disability or marital status.
- Avoid conflicts of interest.
- Abide by the laws, rules and regulations of duly authorized agencies regulating the profession.
- Abide by rules and regulations governing programs conducted by the AONL-CC.
To protect the national credentials and to ensure responsible practice by its certificants, the AONL-CC depends upon its candidates and certificants, professionals, employers, regulatory agencies and the public to report incidents that may be in violation of the Professional Standards of Conduct. A certificant who has violated these standards should voluntarily surrender their certification. Written notification regarding infractions of these standards may be sent to: AHA Certification Center, 155 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 400, Chicago, IL 60606. Only signed, written communication will be considered.
The AONL-CC will become involved only in matters that can be factually determined and commits to handling any situation as fairly and expeditiously as possible. During its investigation and decision, the AONL-CC will protect the confidentiality of those who provide information to every possible extent. The named individual will be afforded a reasonable opportunity to respond in a professional and legally defensible manner, in accordance with policies established by the AONL-CC.