Common questions and answers on the AONL Fellow designation and application.
- Leadership contributions and outcomes recognized at the regional, national, and/or global levels.
- Contributions to AONL with outcomes.
- Reflection on how AONL has influenced the leader’s professional development.
- Conduct and dissemination of research.
- Professional publications.
- Professional presentations that disseminate innovative work that can be replicated.
- Demonstration that their innovations have been implemented and adopted by other employers/settings.
- Attainment of professional leadership roles within professional associations.
- Function as a trustee on a governance board.
- Advancement of public policy beyond advocacy.
- Local or national media presence within the domain of health and wellness.
- Formally acknowledgement for advancement of professional practice in the regional, national, and/or global arena.
If the reviewer assigned to an application has knowledge about the applicant’s leadership performance that would in any way influence that reviewer’s decision, that reviewer must recuse him/herself from that application. Only information provided in the application will be considered in the review process.
All information about every applicant to the AONL Fellow Designation Program is to be held in total confidentiality. No discussion or communication of the information outside the review process is permitted.